Prana Flow Arts Summer Intensive w/Shiva Rea and Demetri Velisarius
July 9th, 2013 (Tues) - July 12th, 2013 (Fri)
At Exhale Center for Sacred Movement, Venice, CA
Summer is a time for exploration and activation. This summer training focuses on Prana Flow: Energetic Vinyasa Sequences that awaken the instinctual body through the flow arts of Prana Danda Yoga.
Prana Danda Yoga is an empowering and fluid way for to awaken your inner danda (staff, energetic spine) by engaging with the outer danda (a specially designed 5 foot staff) as an ally of meditation and movement that unifies body, energy and mind. Integrating an actual staff with a Prana Flow® vinyasa sequence hones your presence, refines coordination, creates deeper, energetic alignment and primal connection.
Learn the philosophy and fundamentals of PDY as a embodied ritual practice and as a sacred support for asana, meditation, dance and flow.
Four Day Intensive Includes:
* Making your own danda and initiation
* Core Prana Danda Meditation and 9 round Nadi Shodana
* Two Sequences (Scanning the Horizon, Heaven & Earth)
* 3 Kriyas of PDY (Two, Four and FIve Beat Flow)
* Hands- on Assists with Danda for deep backbends, greater alignment in standing asanas
* Partner work in the PranaDandaYoga flow
40 hours credit for 200-500
Must have 200-hour certification to teach and ongoing online participation for certification.
All details and registration at www.exhalespa.com/venice