Advanced Vinyasa: Rasa Vinyasa
June 4th, 2014 (Wed) - June 8th, 2014 (Sun)
At Exhale Center for Sacred Movement, Venice, CARasa is the self tasting the Self – Sri Abhinavagupta
Experience a full-spectrum yoga practice intensive into the art of RasaVinyasa™- an approach to sequencing vinyasa yoga drawing from yogic arts, tantra, and ayurveda.
In this five-day teacher training, Shiva will offer the theory and practice of Rasa Vinyasa by exploring three consummate rasas: Vira (strength, potency), Sringara (divine love and sensuality) and Shanti (living peace) We will explore the power of alchemical yoga that is sequenced in harmony with the energetic state of the day for activation, healing and rejuvenation to bring balance and “juice” to your practice, teaching and life.
Areas of Focus Include:
• Rasa Vinyasa – Yoga Alchemy within Tantra, Bhakti and Ayurveda
• Learn Four Rasa Vinyasa namaskars with the dance of hands-on assists
• Explore Rasa Vinyasa Sequences to balance and evolve your practice:
• Sringara Rasa Vinyasa – a creative sadhana cultivates the fluid flow, Sringara Rasa Namaskars, transformational wave sequencing for backbending, and deep meditation/relaxation for the flow of love.
• ViraPranaFlow– a dynamic sadhana integrating PranaDandaYoga, a evolutionary form combining standing asanas, will engage challenging combinations of arm-balances, standing poses and hip openers.
• ShantiPranaFlow – a meditative vinyasa for being peace cultivating a complete practice with ritual namaskars, mudra vinyasa, asanas of inner equilibrium: forward bends, hip openers leading to pranayama and meditation
• Meditation & Mudra for Vira, Sringara and Shanti Rasa
• Cultivation of Bhava (feeling awareness) to enter the natural ﬂow of yoga
• The Poetry in Motion – integration of inner teachings of poetry, music and rhythm in cultivating the “theme of the class”
• Temple of Rasa – prana flow abhyanga massage and radical relaxation
• Sahaja Vinyasa™ and Yoga Trance Dance® - explore the roots of Sahaja and Rasa Vinyas as a movement meditation
• Sringara Rasa visual powerpoint exploration inclding the sublime eros; the physiological and spiritual benefits of embodying the power of love
• Awakening Vira Rasa through Kalarippayatu (fluid martial art form in the tradition of CVN Kalari in Kerala) and PranaDandaYoga –a unique and powerful mind-body training method that works with a five-foot flexible staff for inner and outer alignment.