Summer Part 1 Immersion: Embodying the Flow Mandala of Asanas & Prana Danda Yoga
August 11th, 2014 (Mon) - August 20th, 2014 (Wed)
At Exhale Center for Sacred Movement, Venice, CAEmbodying the Flow & Mandala of Asanas – Essential Tools for Teaching Vinyasa
Evolutionary Vinyasa Teacher Training Program is for aspiring and seasoned teachers as the introduction to a wholistic, energetic approach to teaching vinyasa as more than a technique or style of yoga but a way of guiding the flow of our body, practice and life.
Based upon the teachings of Krishnamacharya's lineage, Tantra, Sacred Arts, Ayurveda, Bhakti and Somatics, 200-500 Evolutionary Vinyasa Teacher Training models the synthesis approach to integrating the roots and evolution of living yoga that Shiva has been pioneering for over 20 years of teaching in the fertile soil of LA's yoga community and annual retreats to India.
Essential to the training Living Yoga Ashram during our training at Exhale as a community-based, dynamic, creative, and rejuvenative approach to teacher training. You will begin teaching the first day and leave empowered to begin practice teaching or elevating your current teaching.
Our unique program also provides year-long support for living vinyasa through Samudra's Global Online program with Shiva and a community of amazing teachers from around the world.
Come for the weekend or for the entire 10-day program and deepen the way you breathe, move, teach and flow in the yoga of life.
Embodying the Flow- Highlights
• Teaching the rhythm and flow of our breathing body as synched with the universal pulse
• Embodying the Sun-Moon for balancing active-meditative states within yoga and life
• Learn to teach Four Classical Namaskars and Two Rhythmic Vinyasa Namaskars
• Wave of a Class – Leading Class Openings and Movement Meditation
• Asanas as Mudras – Intro to the Energetics and Poetry of the Body
• Hands-on assist and teaching cues for 10 core asanas for Namaskars (sun salutations)
• Prana Flow Three-Part Vinyasa method for teaching alignment in the flow
• Daily Meditation and Pranayaa and the basics for personal practice and teaching
• Embodiment Project - Photo Teaching Tools for developing a teacher's
eye, to support your personal embodiment of yoga asanas as well as your students
• The philosophical roots of Vinyasa Yoga and the embodiment of tantric hatha yoga
• The Origins of Sun Salutations and Evolution of Prana Flow Namaskars
• Embodying Prana – Understand five movements of Prana underlying all of the asanas and movements of nature
• Living Vinyasa - the micro-macro cycles that guide living flow and the wave of a vinyasa flow class
• Learning Krishnamacharya's principles of Vinyasa Krama
• Embodying the Flow 100+ page workbook-manual
• DVD and Online resources for continued practice
Mandala of Asanas -Essential Tools for Teaching Vinyasa
Energetic Alignment™, Hands-on Assists, Vinyasa Krama, Prana Flow Three-Part Vinyasa™, and Wave-Sequencing™ for 108 asanas
Teaching vinyasa is an art that requires a teacher to develop related tools using their voice, hands-on assists, observation and energetic attunement to provide guidance that facilitates the state of flow of a class.
In this week-long immersion, you will learn the energetic alignment for core asanas within the Mandala of Asanas™ based upon an integrated understanding of 1) the movements of Prana; 2) practical anatomy; and 3) how to open and strengthen the core structures of embodiment from head to toe, skin to subtle body.
* Experience a unique wholistic approach of Seven Mandalas of Asanas™ base of 108 asanas as the basis for creative and effective sequencing, teaching and embodiment
* Learn to teach Four Prana Flow Dancing Warrior Namaskars, as a foundation for further innovations.
* Learn Prana Flow Wave Sequencing for Three Solar Sequences for backbends and arm balances and Two Lunar Sequences for deep flexibility and regeneration.
* Learn to teach and assist five primary alignment actions of the core "blueprint" asanas of the mandalas and sequence combinations with skill, effectiveness, fluency, and creativity.
* Work with Prana Flow Three-Part Vinyasa Method and Vinyasa Krama to teach to all levels.
* Experience Prana Flow method of hands-on assists as both adjustments and "enhancements" to the core movement of the asana.
* Develop Energetic Observation - ability to assess imbalances, blockages and leaks of energy to a person's body, mind and heartfire.
* Review and application of basic anatomy to understand the way prana flows in the muscles, bones and fascia for balancing and lengthening qualities of structural embodiment within the asanas.
* Special Mandala of Asanas Method - self and partner massage for regeneration and learning muscles, joints and boney landmarks of the body relevant to practice.
* Daily Tantric-based meditation and yoga nidra for regeneration.
Please see shivarea.com/teacher-training-modules for all required preparatory training information, reading materials and online courses to support your journey.
200/500 RYT - Yoga Alliance Certification
•This course is approved by the Yoga Alliance at the 200/500 hour level. This 90 hour course is part of Shiva Rea's 200/500 hour Yoga Alliance Certification Curriculum (90 contact)
Prana Danda Yoga
In PranaDandaYoga, the outer staff becomes a tool for the inner consciousness, movement is meditation and flow is channeled energy within the inner danda or spine.
PranaDandaYoga™ is a unique and powerful style of yoga ~ a skillful mind-body training method that involves interweaving a five-foot flexible staff in and around the body merging with powerful spiral movements and a Vira Prana Flowtm vinyasa sequence. As an object of meditation, the staff acts as a divining rod of alignment sharpening attention, refining coordination and awakening the central energetic channel (Danda). The Staff is the outer manifestation, the active mirror of the central channel within imbued with the pure power (Shakti) of Enlightened Awareness.
PranaDandaYoga™ transmits staff for yogis and yoginis as an ancient and sacred instrument for inner and outer steadiness, circular movement and the flow of Shakti.
Learn more about Prana Danda Yoga here