Shakti Sadhana: Embodying the Sacred Feminine + Pre/Post Natal Yoga Teacher Training
April 7th, 2014 (Mon) - April 10th, 2014 (Thurs)
At Exhale Center for Sacred Movement, Venice, CAShakti is a call for all female yoginis that:
- Are feeling drawn to give power to the flow of the sacred feminine in the body and life.
- Already worship the Goddess in all forms and are looking for a community of women and yogic practices to support that journey.
- Are interested in teaching pre-post natal yoga as part of their teaching repertoire.
- Want to integrate a positive relationship with feminine-masculine by joining with the parallel Men's Gathering (effecting our relationships with our sons, brothers, fathers, partners, lovers).This workshop will connect modern-day yoginis with the ancient yoga traditions that honor the shakti within all of creation. We will create a natural collective sadhana focusing on the cyclical nature of the female body through Shakti and Chandra namaskars (goddess and moon salutations), mudras, movement meditation, textual sources, chanting, prayer, and contemplation of one's life journey. Women of all ages, backgrounds, and experience in yoga are invited to:
• Discover the sacred feminine through the ancient traditions of yoga and Ayurveda.
• Explore the principles and practices that balance and support women's bodies and women’s lives.
• Learn approaches to yoga that cultivate women's physical, emotional and spiritual health, including the Chandra Namaskar (Moon Salutation).
• Find inspiration in the mantras, symbols and mythology, and sacred texts of the Goddess.
Throughout our time together, we seek to create an embodied spirituality, opening to and nurturing the creative juices, fiery passion, and wise depths of the feminine. As we address the unique nature of lives as contemporary women, we allow and honor the organic unfolding of each woman’s experience and expression of yoga and life.
Draw from Shiva’s celebrated pre/post-natal yoga with the principles of vinyasa krama (stages of evolution and a healing approach to flow). Shiva’s innovative sequencing and creative approach the divine feminine to shine through all stages of pregnancy.
* Sacred female anatomy-physiology of pregnancy and foundation understanding the changes within a women's body and hormones that can be supported through yoga
* Shakti - the mother goddess tradition within yoga and universally as spiritual support for the initiation of motherhood
Suggested Pre-requisite Texts:
* Read “Inner Tantric” by David Frawley
* Read “Passionate Enlightenment” by Miranda Shaw
* Read “The Yoni: Sacred Symbol of Female Creative Power” by Rufus Camphausen