Option 1: Three Week - Complete 200 hour Teacher Training
Option 2: Two Week Core Immersions of 300/500 hour training
Option 3: One Week Modules
Experience the “roots and evolution of vinyasa” in the natural paradise of Costa Rica.
Evolutionary Vinyasa Teacher Training Program is for aspiring and seasoned teachers as the introduction to a wholistic, energetic approach to living and teaching vinyasa as a way of guiding the flow of our body, practice and life.
Deepen and evolve your personal practice and embodiment of yoga and take your teaching to the next level through a Prana Flow process of learning namaskars, wave sequences, energetic alignment and hands-on assists in our unique living vinyasa training.
As part of the Prana Flow Namaskars and Wave Sequences of the “40 Namaskar-64 Sequence” movement alchemy system, you will learn the Foundation and Elemental Vinyasa Pathways as “10 Namaskars - 10 Solar-Lunar Sequences” as the foundation for teaching vinyasa in a full energetic spectrum. You will learn powerful teaching tools for creative and effective sequencing of the flow of yoga from an elemental and solar-lunar base.
Our Living Flow Ashram is a community-based, dynamic, creative, and rejuvenative approach to teacher training. You will begin teaching the first day and leave empowered to begin practice teaching or elevating your current teaching.
Our unique program also provides year-long support for living vinyasa through Samudra's Global Online program with Shiva and a community of amazing teachers from around the world.
Come for a week or for an entire 14 or 21-day program and deepen the way you breathe, move, teach and flow in the yoga of life.
• Teaching the rhythm and flow of our breathing body as synched with the universal pulse
• Embodying the Sun-Moon for balancing active-meditative states within yoga and life
• Learn to teach Four Classical Namaskars and Two Rhythmic Vinyasa Namaskars
• Wave of a Class – Leading Class Openings and Movement Meditation
• Asanas as Mudras – Intro to the Energetics and Poetry of the Body
• Hands-on assist and teaching cues for 10 core asanas for Namaskars (sun salutations)
• Prana Flow Three-Part Vinyasa method for teaching alignment in the flow
• Daily Meditation and Pranayama as well as the basics for personal practice and teaching
• Embodiment Project - Photo Teaching Tools for developing a teacher's
eye, to support your personal embodiment of yoga asanas as well as your students'
• The philosophical roots of Vinyasa Yoga and the embodiment of tantric hatha yoga
• The Origins of Sun Salutations and Evolution of Prana Flow Namaskars
• Embodying Prana – Understand five movements of Prana underlying all of the asanas and movements of nature
• Living Vinyasa - the micro-macro cycles that guide living flow and the wave of a vinyasa flow class
• Learning Krishnamacharya's principles of Vinyasa Krama
• Embodying the Flow 100+ page workbook-manual
• DVD and Online resources for continued practice
Teaching vinyasa is an art that requires a teacher to develop related tools using their voice, hands-on assists, observation and energetic attunement to provide guidance that facilitates the state of flow of a class. In this week-long immersion, you will learn the energetic alignment for core asanas within the Mandala of Asanas™ based upon an integrated understanding of 1) the movements of Prana; 2) practical anatomy; and 3) how to open and strengthen the core structures of embodiment from head to toe, skin to subtle body.
* Experience a unique wholistic approach of Seven Mandalas of Asanas™ base of 108 asanas as the basis for creative and effective sequencing, teaching and embodiment
* Learn to teach Four Prana Flow Dancing Warrior Namaskars, as a foundation for further innovations.
* Learn Prana Flow Wave Sequencing for Five Solar Sequences for backbends and arm balances and Five Lunar Sequences for deep flexibility and regeneration.
* Learn to teach and assist five primary alignment actions of the core "blueprint" asanas of the mandalas and sequence combinations with skill, effectiveness, fluency, and creativity.
* Work with Prana Flow Three-Part Vinyasa Method and Vinyasa Krama to teach to all levels.
* Experience Prana Flow method of hands-on assists as both adjustments and "enhancements" to the core movement of the asana.
* Develop Energetic Observation - ability to assess imbalances, blockages and leaks of energy to a person's body, mind and heartfire.
* Review and application of basic anatomy to understand the way prana flows in the muscles, bones and fascia for balancing and lengthening qualities of structural embodiment within the asanas.
* Special Mandala of Asanas Method - self and partner massage for regeneration and learning muscles, joints and boney landmarks of the body relevant to practice.
* Daily Tantric-based meditation and yoga nidra for regeneration.
Live with the power of the earth, water, air, space and inner fire through Prana Flow sequencing of "Elemental Vinyasa". Our body is comprised of all of the elements which make up life - the food of the earth, the sacred water of our primarily fluid body, the metabolic and electrical fire of our cellular and neural network, the air which is the breath of life that nourishes every cell and the space which primarily pervades our body.
Awakening the "elemental body" is the primary energetic map in Prana Flow that forms the foundation for our sequencing of movement alchemy, our embodiment of nature and an integrated flow between our practice and life. Experience the “roots and evolution of vinyasa” as Shiva offer the Elemental Vinyasa pathway of the Prana Flow Elemental Namaskars and Solar-Lunar Waves Sequences of the Prana Flow Mandala of Flow system. This system is a unique part of our teacher training which offers the maps of embodiment through the elements as the art of yoga and life-sequencing for realization of our full-potential and dharma in the world.
* Namaskars-10 Sequences powerful teaching tools for creative and effective sequencing of the flow of yoga. Our online practice support, year-long meditation and feedback system
* Embody and Teach Five Elemental Namaskars - Bhumi (earth) Namaskar, Jala (water) Namaskar, Agni (fire) Namaskar, Hridaya (air) Namaskar, Akash (space) Namaskar.
* Practice and earn the principles of Ten Solar-Lunar Elemental complete Prana Flow Sequences to explore and continue to embody through Samudra’s Online Pathways of Prana Flow Program for certification.
* Principles of Prana Flow Movement Alchemy for sequencing elemental vinyasa
* Integration of Tattwa Shuddhi - Tantric-based elemental meditation
* Caring for the Elemental Body through Ayurvedic Dinacharya and Lifestyle (Daily and Seasonal) Rhythms
These courses are approved by the Yoga Alliance at the 200/500 hour level. Each 60 hour course is part of Shiva Rea's 200/500 hour Yoga Alliance Certification Curriculum
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for this retreat and to submit your deposit. We look forward to hearing from you!