Optional Teacher Intensive
Kerala 2012 Teacher Training Details Below - 2013 Details Coming Soon!
Body As Temple Teacher Intensive with Shiva Rea and teachers of CVN Kalari, Gurukaal Sathya Narayan and Rajashekaran Nayar and Shiva Kumar (Nada yoga and Indian classical music teacher)
Experience an immersion into the art, practices, and realization of the yogic-tantric view of the "body as temple". Your immersion will bring you into the capital city of Trivandrum or Thiruvananthapuram for eight Kalari Shakti daily practices at CVN Kalari with Shiva's teachers as well as informal exploration of the city to visit local temples, morning markets to understand some of traditional customs of Kerala. These sessions will be complemented by sunset yoga sessions for the entire retreat with Shiva as well as special programs. This will deepen your experience of yogic embodiment and initiate you into the practice of Kalari.Cost: $300 for 50 hours credit
PLEASE NOTE: There is limited availability for the teacher training module. We will be accepting applications for the teacher training and registering people on a first-come basis.
Teacher Intensive Includes:
- 8 days of Kalari practice at CVN Kalari with Sathyan Narayan, Rajeshekaranarayan and Shiva Rea
- Morning spiritual activities to local Trivandrum Temples near the CVN Kalari and cultural life with Shiva Rea, and Naveen (driver to Manaletheeram)
- Daily transportation to and from Trivandrum for Kalari
- 50 hours teacher training credit including daily practice with Shiva, ayurvedic lectures, nada yoga and cooking demonstrations (for 200-500 hour program elective, cannot be substituted for core modules)
- When the Body Becomes All Eyes: Paradigms, Discourses and Practices of Power in Kalarippayattu, a South Indian Martial Art
Also included in teacher training hours
- Daily ayurvedic and cultural education from practice, cooking, herb tours, etc.
About Kalari Shakti
Experience a dynamic introduction to the ancient Indian martial art form kalaripayattu, or kalari, and its shared roots within yoga and Ayurveda. Kalari is a "kaya sadhana" or embodied art form that is considered to be one of the oldest "martial art" forms in the world as warrior training is part of this profound and beautiful fluid form. Practiced in a Kalari - a temple created on the raw earth - this form complements the sacred relationship to the body in yoga while giving expression to the embodied power of shakti that is received from the earth and liberated through movement flow, meditation and marma massage. Shiva's roots are part of CVN Kalari in Thiruvanathapuram with her teachers Sathya Narayan and Rajashekaran Nayar who will be leading the intensive.
Please call us at (360) 920-1635 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for this retreat and to submit your deposit. We look forward to hearing from you!