Prana Flow® Certification Programs
We have three basic tracks of certification:
- 200-hour track offering foundational teaching of Prana Flow® Yoga and embodiment.
- 300-hour track allowing students from other Yoga schools and lineages to join our teacher studies program
- 500-hour track is an in-depth offering of Prana Flow® Yoga and various electives to deepen your understanding and integration.
Teacher Training modules are offered in various locations throughout the year encompassing over 5 continents! You have the opportunity to study with Shiva and faculty throughout the year at various locations and events ranging from intensives to conferences to retreats. Most of our teacher intensives are offered both on the East and West coast of the US along with Kerala, India.
Our unique 300/500 hour program offers a unique, modular format of training and experiences. Along with Shiva Rea and honorary guest teachers (masters in their field) offer teachings in Ayurveda, Kashmir Shavism, Embodied Anatomy, Mystic Studies, and Sacred Activism.
Upon completion of required contact hours, projects and readings you will have experienced and learned:
- A grounding in the Great Tree of Yoga
- The Tantric roots of Hatha Yoga
- Krishnamacharya's Vinyasa Krama
- Development of a life-long relationship to the classic texts of yoga and contemporary readings to illumine the path (reading projects)
- Understanding of the yogic cosmology of the embodiment and the union of the self with the macrocosm
- Integration of personal connection (ishta devata) to the Source within the universal path of yoga.
- Ability to teach a broad spectrum of 20 sun salutations with different bhavanas (feeling state), and energetic functions including classical surya namaskars, Chandra namaskar, Shiva's dancing warrior sequences, mandala (circular) namaskars, chakra namaskars.
- 20 different Flow Series (beginner to intermediate) with different energetic intentions to serve as a template for developing your own sequences for individual and group classes
- Cultivation of the ritual arc of a Prana Flow class with opening chants, movement meditations and music flow
- Shiva's wave theory of sequencing and multi-dimensional sequencing understanding of the health of the fluid-pranic body
- Skill of seeing, relating and interpreting the imbalances in all levels of embodiment|
- Skill in hands-on enhancements for primary poses and intermediate asanas
- Practical knowledge of the energetic alignment of the mandala of asanas (108 primary poses and variations) along with vinyasa kramas (stages) of their evolution to adapt to different levels, needs and functions movement meditations to open class
- Base of Sanskrit pronunciation of the mandala of asanas (108) and universal chants of yoga
- Cultivation of one's evolutionary edge in embodying yoga through a vinyasa of your own asana practice (peak poses and creative approaches)
- Deepening connection to the flow of living yoga with harmonious sadhana of prana flow, meditation, Ayurveda and shakti bhakti - the continuous guidance of the flow of shakti
- Creative relationship to living yoga - micro-meditations, radiant heart, bodily intelligence, resonance with all relationships, spontaneous recognition, and healing samskaras (patterns)
- Cultivation of rasa and living Ayurveda: understanding of your dosha, life-rhythms, path of rejuvenation
- Development of individual sva dharma project (creative, service, & manifestation)
- Joy, intrinsic happiness, love of the source, awakening your dance with life.